Nucleus is a different kind of construction company. Our proven experience in residential and commercial acquisition, design, construction, and the real estate industry means our clients rely on us for a broad range of services. We listen intently and create a detailed, deliberate plan that reflects your desires. The teams we assemble are best in class, operating with precision and honesty.
The mechanics of quality and efficiency is in our DNA.
Nucleus Construction is:
- Recognized as a trusted, leading contractor.
- Founded on the premise of balancing the client’s vision and our own expertise: We assemble a team of top designers and craftsmen, utilizing the right materials to deliver an end product that exceeds client expectations.
- A balance of form and function at a sensible price point. We deliver what works and what lasts.
- We offer real world solutions within your design aesthetic.
- We bring common sense to the industry.
We do this with integrity and meticulous attention to detail.
- Since 1999, we’ve applied our hard work ethic and “owner mentality” to a broad range of projects, having cut our teeth on our own real estate ventures in previous years. We’ve been in your shoes -- made the mistakes when our own money was on the line, and discovered what works and what doesn’t; who to work with and who not to work with. We’ve been through the same arduous building processes with our own homes and businesses (and suffered the indignities of working with the wrong people!) That’s why we put an emphasis on careful selection of both clients and subcontractors.
- From start to finish, we tackle each project with the same attention to detail, regardless of size. We pride ourselves on approaching each job as if it was happening in our own homes or in our own place of business. We’ve had many clients comment that they’re sad to see us go at the end of a project.
Ray Fay III
“I believe a man should be a craftsman of his trade, doing it to the best of his ability.”
“A typical contractors’ coarse actions and lack of style don't reflect me, not to mention they’re smelly most of the time. :)”
“I choose to work in the construction industry because I enjoy the craft, Lord knows there are plenty of other paths I could take with less risk and higher income.”
“Walk a mile in the previous GC’s boots, before criticizing his skills.”
Nucleus Construction Principal, Ray Fay III is a Phoenix native who grew up working in his family’s heavy duty truck parts business, Automotive Sales Company. This provided the perfect environment to learn the basics of running a company at an early age. With a strong work ethic in his blood, he never shied away from starting at the bottom and doing every job, in every department where he was needed.
His father included him in all major company decisions. The two would regularly attend out of town business meetings together. Being a 15 year-old young man at large industry meetings where big players made big decisions afforded Ray the exposure many could only dream of at such an early age . This, of course, brought him along at an accelerated pace and at the same time gave him a different perspective of what a client was looking for. It wasn't long before he began managing his family's commercial and residential real estate investments; preparing leases, managing improvements, overseeing repairs, and marketing them for sale.
As the family’s focus shifted to real estate investment, Ray was tasked with purchasing, improving, constructing, and managing real estate ventures. As he bought and sold hundreds of properties, it wasn’t long before others recognized his talent. They wanted the same quality and refined business sense that Ray applied to his personal investments to be put to work on their own projects. There was a sense of comfort in knowing that the person handling their real estate investments had gone down the same road and fully understood the challenges. This unique real estate acumen is one of the elements that continues to set Nucleus Construction apart.
what our clients think
“I have worked with Ray on several projects and each time his results are better than what was expected. His knowledge of construction and detailed process is second to none.”
- Mike C, Broker at Peak Investment Properties
“Ray completed a fantastic remodel of our master suite and we are so pleased with the way it turned out. Nucleus Construction is definitely our go-to whenever we need a contractor. Ray’s commitment to serving his clients really stands out. “
- Bill P, Phoenix Police Department
“We’ve contracted with Ray and Nucleus Construction to complete several, extremely detailed projects in our home. Ray’s talent for executing clean, modern design was exactly what we needed, as our vision involved elements outside the scope of most contractors’ expertise. During our most recent project, we entrusted Nucleus to work in our home while we were away. It was great to come home to a gorgeous, finished product that we can be proud of.”
- Chad and Sophia L.
“Ray and his team are a highly professional and trustworthy company. We have used them multiple times, including for the renovation of our kitchen and the redesign of our front and back landscaping. They are a full service firm – from creation and design to following through in making it exactly as it was planned. Ray and his team are a courteous and hardworking group of craftsman who really care about their work, which absolutely translates in their projects. I highly recommend them for any job”
- Justin and Anne R.
At Nucleus Construction, we always aim to meet and surpass client expectations. One of the things that surprises our clients right out of the gate is that we are a one-stop shop. Well-versed in all areas and able to streamline the process to get maximum value for your investment. Here’s how we make it happen:
- Our initial consultation is thorough. We want to hear the unique needs and desires of each client.
- Design experience? We’ve got it! No need to go to a different provider.
- Our design is based on the initial consultation. We learn what you want, then refine it.
- Real World Design - We know what works beyond the drawing board and how to make it stand the test of time.
- Detailed Contracts - Our agreements take into account a host of eventualities. Our clients feel confident, knowing that our detailed contracts clearly spell out the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved.
- Preferred Team - we carefully select the subcontractors who will work on your project.
- Our efficient approach saves money and time. We develop a plan that works from start to finish.
- Realistic Estimates - We provide a fair and accurate assessment of what the project will entail.
What sets us apart?
In a word: relationship. Nucleus Construction is a family company that values the same ethics as you do: integrity, loyalty, hard work, and honesty. Taking on a large project - whether new construction or remodel - is stressful. It’s important for our clients to feel that the company they’ve hired to head up the endeavor is on their side and looking out for their best interest. Our team is here to build a relationship of trust, so you know that we stand with you, treating every decision and expenditure as if it was our own.
We want to empower our clients by giving them the knowledge and support required to make tough decisions easier. We strive to instill a level of comfort and trust, allowing customers to rest assured that they’ve placed their confidence in the right hands. We make every decision with a wealth of knowledge behind us and with the best interest of each client in mind.
We value the relationship we have with clients and endeavor to quickly establish a high level of mutual respect. We’re all working together to create your dream. From the client to the guy sweeping the floor, we are all equal in God’s eyes and worthy of being treated with kindness and respect. We’re going to be working closely for awhile - in your home, in your workplace, with your family or with your co-workers or employees. A positive environment breeds happy, healthy people who impact the world in a positive manner. We maintain a comfort level between contractor and client and know you’ll be pleasantly surprised at our level of commitment.
Growing up, we learned to leave something in better condition than when we found it, to treat others as you’d like to be treated. Contractors tend to have less than stellar reputations when it comes to reliability and cleanliness. That’s not us. Let us change your assumptions… From who we hire, to budgetary decisions and material options, we apply the highest standards to deliver a product you will be proud of. Our feeling is that the completion of one job serves as the interview for your next project. We want to win your loyalty.
We’re people, too! There’s a few things we’d like you to know as we work together…
- We have a different approach than others in the industry. We exercise grace, where others use brute force.
- We understand if you’re nervous… we’ve been in your shoes many times with our own homes and businesses.
- We respect our clients and expect the same in return.
- The construction industry is littered with terrible businessmen. That’s not us! We pride ourselves on our business acumen, cultivated over years of entrepreneurial experience. In fact, we’re just as comfortable in your living room as we are at a board meeting.
- We explain things clearly and can lend you direction, if necessary.
- Our approach to design is laid back. We aren’t married to one style and we won’t force you into a design aesthetic that doesn’t reflect your wants and needs. After all, you’ve got to occupy the property long after we’re gone. Let’s design it to be the way you want it!
- Start by bringing your ideas to the initial consultation - photos, drawings, lists… it all helps paint the picture of the look you’re going for.
- We can be your guide or take the reins as primary designer. We want your voice to be heard and your home to reflect your tastes.
who is in your house?
- When we’re in your house, we respect your property, including everything and everyone in it.
- We strive to make our clients comfortable with having us in their space. After all, you're inviting us into your home and we understand the risks involved. The employees and subcontractors we use are individuals that our owner, Ray, would trust in his own home, with his own family.